Lesson Six - Create A Board game Wednesday 21/09/11
So the China experience is drawing to a close and I am hoping you have learnt something new about energy use and renewable energy sources....
- To apply your knowledge of energy use and renewable energy sources to a new situation (creating a board game).
- Creating a boardgame that is interesting! It has positive parts and negative parts.
- Working with someone and sharing your ideas and taking your partner's ideas 'on board' too.
- Taking pride in your presentation - you want your game to look great!
Habits of Mind:
- Applying past knowledge to new situations - apply what you have been learning about in previous lessons to your game.
With a partner create a boardgame about energy use and renewable energy sources. How you do it is totally up to you and your partner. Maybe you could make it like Snakes and Ladders, maybe like Monopoly. Before you get started on your 'good copy' you need to come up with a plan - how will your game run? What sort of questions will you ask? Make sure you do not spend too much time planning - you want others in the class to play your game next session!
Mr. Allan has the A3 sized board game sheets for you to make your game out of and sheets to make cards if that's what you would like to do.
This activity requires you to make all of the decisions - make the most of your limited time and produce something both you and I will be proud of!