Lesson Four- Working Out A Budget Monday 19/09/11
Welcome back - I hope you all had a great weekend! I know I needed a rest!
- To create a budget in an Excel spreadsheet.
- Research all of the items listed and find out what they would cost.
- Put all of the items in the 'A' column in Excel and the costs in the 'B' column and use your skills to add them up!
- Checking your spelling.
Habits of Mind:
- Applying past knowledge to new situations - using Excel.
- Striving for accuracy - 'that will do' won't do!
Activity #1: Working out a budget
You have been using Excel for quite a few weeks now - and are quite good at it!!
You need to apply those skills again and conduct some research. Here the your activity for today:
You are to work individually on this activity - but please help other out if they cannot find the cost of something! Please follow all of the instructions on the handout and when you have created your budget save it into Student Work --> Dowling --> 7D China Expedition.