TeachLive gives teachers the opportunities to take part in research for the good of the planet, while sharing their experience with students through the TeachLive website, where they can post lesson plans, write blogs and hold interactive forums.
Since TeachLive began in 2004, teachers have assisted scientists to:
- Survey echidnas and goannas in Western Australia
- Research whale sharks off Ningaloo Reef
- Investigate the wildlife of the Brazilian Pantanal
- Scuba dive in search of critical information about the gigantic threatened manta ray
- Study wildlife and discover new species in the Australian outback
- Explore the amazing forest ecosystems of China and Malaysia
To find out more about TeachLive, and read the accounts of teachers on past expeditions, see the menu on the left, or click here to find out about the upcoming Bush Blitz TeachLive expedition to Western Australia's Kimberley.